This is NATIONAL HERMIT WEEK!!! Does it have anything to do with Herman’s Hermits? Well – that’s up to you. I might listen to some of their music while I do what I need to do!
Everyone needs a little “me time” to get stuff done. Here’s your chance! What will you do with your time? I’ve decided to use my time to pack my summer beauty emergency kit. Will it take a week? For me, more than likely – yes, it will!
With summer comes more time outdoors, so it’s important to plan carefully and pack the right stuff to meet every conceivable contingency. Here are my must-have’s for summer:
- Vaseline – it is a great lip balm and moisturizer.
- Thermal-spring water spray – it has anti-inflammatory minerals, which calm itchy or irritated skin. You can also mist it on limp curls or waves to renew their bounce.
- Sheer lipstick – protects lips from the sun. You can also put a little on your finger and rub it on the apples of your cheeks.
- Concealer – it can be used as a foundation if necessary, but is important to cover up those under-eye circles that happen when I don’t get enough sleep the night before.
- Visine – they constrict blood vessels and make my eyes look well rested.
- Translucent face powder – since it is not tinted, I can not only brush it on over the concealer, but if my hair begins to get oily, I can use it like dry shampoo, sweeping it on roots to sop up oil and add volume. It’s my cheap answer to Wen.
- Stick sunscreen – unlike the messy sunscreens of the past, this is a great way to reapply SPF. I also use it to soften dry cuticles before pushing them down.
- Hand cream – obviously it keeps my hands supple for a while, but it’s also good on hair! I just rub a drop on my palms and tame split ends in a flash.
- Waterproof mascara – not only lengthens lashes, but acts as an eyeliner if I gently put the tip of the applicator into the base of my lashes. I use a brown mascara, so I can quickly cover gray hairs with it as well.
- Clear nail polish – I’m a piano player, so I don’t wear my nails long. I don’t actually paint my fingernails, but use a clear polish to give them a sheen. It also stops a runner in my hose like a boss.
I’m planning ahead for vacations and just a day in the back yard! Summer is meant for fun times and making good memories with loved ones. Enjoy your week! Happy packing! 🙂