Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel… – Ezekiel 4:9
I’m out of control again… and I’m frightened of complications. I need God’s help so much to make this okay again. He is faithful to me – He just keeps helping me more and more!
I’ve been forced to look at alternatives to traditional bread made with flour. The days of walking into a grocery store to pick up a loaf of bread are over. In mid-March I had a hemoglobin A1c of over 9! Some changes have to be made – and quick.
Ezekiel 4:9 products have a unique combination of 6 grains and legumes that provide these added benefits:
- Protein – The breads, pastas and cereals have 84.3% as much protein as milk or eggs.
- Amino Acids – The products contain 18 Amino Acids, including all 9 essential amino acids.
- Better Digestibility – your body can digest these products more easily due to sprouting.
- Better Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- More Vitamin C – Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- More Vitamin B – Sprouting increases vitamins B2, B5 & B6.
- More Fiber – Since the products are made with both grains and legumes, they are a great source of fiber.
Shared with permission.
The folks at Ezekiel 4:9 use freshly sprouted certified organic grains and all the products are kosher. It seems weird to find your bread in the refrigerated section, but it’s because their bread is not made with flour. Studies have shown that grinding grains into flour increases the surface area upon which enzymes in the body can work to more quickly convert starch into glucose.
And yeah – that’s not good for diabetics – more glucose not good – not so much!
There are no GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) used in any of the products and no refined sugars. Did you know that most bread has some amount of sugar? The next time you go to the grocery store, start reading the labels – it’s an education.
And finally, there are no preservatives or shortenings used in any of the products.
Type II Diabetes will not win! I’m still in the fight and I’ll do whatever it takes to avoid the ugly complications of this horrific disease! I have managed to lose a little weight, which in theory should be helpful. I have until June 22nd to get this whipped back into shape. I’m not defeated – I can do this!
Of all the changes I’ve had to make, buying bread that needs refrigeration is probably the most dramatic. I’m thankful for the Ezekiel 4:9 products though, because if they were not around, I’d have to quit bread cold turkey – and frankly, I’m not sure I could do that! I’m addicted to bread like some people are addicted to soap operas! Wink! 😉