On this SHOPPING REMINDER DAY, let’s talk about Christmas shopping. You’ve read my blog posts long enough to know the Christmas shopping ground rules, but let’s review just for grins and giggles.
1. Thank God for your blessings before you go out to shop. In other words, don’t do any Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving.
2. Get plenty of rest and nutrition before you mingle in the madness. Be at your best.
3. Every chance you get – buy American made products. Click on this link for a list of products made in America.
4. Choose your method of shopping. A popular way to shop is online these days. Be careful because identity theft is on the rise.
5. If you already have your Christmas list written (or if someone has given you their list) you will spend less and stay focused.
6. Make a note of items manufactured in your state. It might be fun to take a trip to see the product before you buy it.
In Kansas we are blessed to have a wonderful Amish community in Yoder, Kansas with a great furniture factory where high-quality pieces are hand-crafted with care. A few years ago my husband surprised me with a custom-made desk for our desktop computer. We’ve made it a priority to support local businesses because as we do so, we put money back into our community.
Handmade, quality furniture can be found in Basehor, Kansas at Custom Mission Products. They offer custom stain colors and hand sewn high quality foam cushions, covered in fine leather and have no screws or fasteners.
I’m reminded of a Christmas tradition. When I was a kid, my family traveled to Whiting, Kansas for the best popcorn in the state! Gary and Marian Schlaegel started raising popcorn on their farm almost 30 years ago. They dedicate about 10 acres of crop ground to growing popcorn. They package two varieties – yellow and white. With that great popcorn, my mama always made the best popcorn balls for us to snack on while we opened Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve.
Local folks with high-quality products and reasonable prices. Think before you shop this year. ❤