Did you hear fireworks until after midnight last night? We did! So, you must forgive me because I’m writing in a fog and sleep-deprived state of mind – lol.
Speaking of sleep… ah – yes – let’s speak of sleep!!!
I have some ideas about getting your zzz’s… these tips came in handy for me and I hope they help you too! 🙂
- Every day around 3pm when you begin to doze off at work, you obviously cannot take a nap (but dream of it – yes, you do) – eat an orange! The citrus scent will perk you up, and the orange contains energy boosting “good” carbohydrates.
- Whether you work or are retired, there are nights when your mind just won’t shut down! It’s a frustrating feeling. You walk around the house saying, “It’s time to sleep. What is the matter with you?” I’ve learned that I need to begin winding down about a half hour before I plan to go to bed. Especially as I get older, I have to back up my words with actions in order to get my body to respond in a positive way.
- These days I carve out time for an afternoon nap. Yes, just like Kindergarten, I curl up on my little woven rug and say good-bye to the world for about an hour or so. We make time for the things that matter most. In my book – that is definitely replenishing sleep.
- Is it rude for me to sleep on a trip while my husband is driving? It doesn’t seem to bother him, so I don’t worry about it. If I steal some rest during a trip that’s okay with me.
- Instead of reaching for a nighttime sleep aid (which may be habit-forming), try eating a handful of nuts before you begin your routine and go to bed. By the time you hit the sheets, you will probably be ready to sleep.
Getting a good night’s sleep is important for our bodies. That’s when we replenish and revive. Here’s to a good night’s sleep (and maybe even a nap tomorrow). 🙂