It’s cold and flu season again! I hope everyone in your family is well, but it’s a good idea to have a great recipe for chicken noodle soup or chicken and noodles. It’s a mystery, but something in the broth makes you feel better almost instantly!
Here’s our favorite recipe for chicken and noodles:
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles (serves 8)
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can chicken stock
1 package egg noodles (16 oz. bag)
salt & pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in a 6-qt. slow cooker, then add the soups and stock
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and turn the heat setting to low. Cook for 8 hours
- Boil 1 bag of egg noodles according to the package directions
- While the noodles are boiling, shred the chicken with two forks, directly in the crock pot
- Drain the cooked noodles, add to the slow cooker, and gently stir. Cover the crock pot and continue to heat on low for 15 minutes before serving. Add some parsley for color if you want to.
When we’re sick we surely don’t mean to share, but there are just viruses going around this year. Part of taking care of yourself is to feed your body what it needs. Make sure you also take your meds and get plenty of rest. It’s not always easy to declare to everyone around you that you’re going to bed for an undetermined amount of time until you feel better, but that’s part of what it takes to feel better.
Sleep has restorative properties. We don’t give it the credit it deserves in our society. We’re so determined to tough it out – working through it instead of taking a time-out. I give you permission… if you feel sick, please give yourself a time-out. 🙂